Have you been very faithful in posting devotionals to your Facebook Timeline, and now God is calling you to compile them into a book? You may have tried scrolling through their Facebook Timeline, but that process is a bit daunting. There is an easier way! You can export and download your Facebook Timeline with just a few clicks.
From there, you can easily copy and paste the text into a Word document and begin to modify the text for your manuscript. It is a great way to capture all of the hard work you have already done!
Check out this video that steps you through the process!
Jump right in to the instructions at 1:30.
Steps to Download Your Facebook Timeline
- Go to the “Down Arrow” in the upper right corner. Select “Settings & Privacy >> Settings”
- From the left hand side, select “Your Facebook Information”
- Click on “Download Your Information”
- On the right hand side, click “Deselect All” and then click “Posts”. If you included photos to go with your videos, select “Photos and Videos” too.
- Now select your date range. Select your end date first. Facebook has a little glitch when selecting the date. Once you confirmed the dates, click the blue “OK” button
- Now click “Create File”
Facebook will take time to render this file. Depending on the timeline and the number of photos, it can take several hours. You will receive an email and a Facebook notification when it is complete.
Once it is complete:
- Navigate back to this page and click on the “Available Copies” tab
- Select “Download” button for the file you just created
- Save it to your computer. It will save it down as a ZIP file.
- Locate the file on our computer. Right click on the file and “Extract”
- Open up the extracted file and go into the “Posts” folder. Open the file titled “your_posts_1.html” in a browser window. (You most likely can just double click on it.)
- Now copy and paste the text you want into your word processing document!
If you start working on your manuscript and get stuck, we offer one-on-one writing coaching here at Kingdom Publishing.
Remember, if God has called you to do it, He will give you everything you need to complete it!